- Stage Name: Horikita Maki
- Birth Name: Hara Marina
- Nickname(s): Makimaki, Homaki, Horikittie (Given by Ikuta Toma and Oguri Shun)
- Debut: 2003
- Genre: Advertising
- Modeling Material: General
- Debut: 2003
- Date of Birth: 6th October 1988
- Place of Birth: Tokyo Prefecture
- Blood Type: B
- Height: 160cm (5'2")
- Vital Statistics:
- Bust: 78 cm
- Waist: 58 cm
- Hips: 83 cm
- Family: Parents and two younger sisters
- Hobby: Piano, reading books/manga
- Favorite Authors: Ekuni Kaori, Onda Riku and Alex Shearer
- Favorite Manga: Seito Shokun!
- Favorite Anime Show: One Piece
- Favorite Subjects: English, Japanese and History
- Favorite Overalls: Kimono and Yukatta
- Favorite Artists: SMAP, Exile, Hirai Ken, SPITZ and Godspellers, Arashi
- Favorite Food: Western Food
- Favorite Sport: Basketball
- Special/Personal Skill: Piano
- Talent Agency: Sweet Power
Horikita Maki was born the eldest of three girls on the 6th of October 1988 in Kiyose, Tokyo, Japan. She tends to be boyish during her childhood days, like in middle school, she enjoyed playing basketball or baseball with her friends on holidays. While she was in junior high, she preferred to play Dragon Ball with the boys more than playing with the girls. This was because with the girls, she couldn’t play the princess the way she wanted in the princess make-believe games.
In her junior high years, she served as student council vice-president and vice-captain of the basketball club. She was also described as the “Boss of 3-C” in a number various writings. This was in recognition of her status as class leader. As she became more active in the entertainment industry, she put her club and council activities on hold. Being unable to meet her many commitments, she finally withdrew from her school activities after much deliberation, concentrating plainly on her studies and career.
Later in 2003, Horikita started to model for various advertisements and star in TV dramas and films in supporting roles. She gained much recognition from her back to back TV dramas, Densha Otoko and Nobuta wo Produce in 2005.
Her exemplary portrayal in Nobuta wo Produce as the shy Nobuko Kotani, bagged her a Best Supporting Actress award in a Japanese award-giving body. On the other hand, the chemistry between her character, Nobuko, commonly called as Nobuta, and Kusano Akira, played byJapanese male idol Yamashita Tomohisa, was recognized as well, leading both of them to star in another drama, Kurosagi, in which Horikita bagged another Best Supporting Actress award from the same award-giving body.
She is very much into reading too, having served as a special judge in a children's literature contest on March 2007 where Japanese idol Ueto Aya was the previous special judge from the said event. Horikita was also applauded by about 2,000 attendees of her movie's, Argentine Hag, premiere screening after reading an excerpt from the original novel by Banana Yoshimoto.
Currently, Horikita is a well adored U-20 Japanese idol, constantly appearing as a cover girl in numerous teenage magazines.
Horikita Maki has been said to posses an independent character, one that refuses to lose under any circumstance. “Even in trifle playing around, she can become dead serious," according to acquaintances (from FLASH EX 2006 January 30 Edition).
Maki also has neutral views regarding romance. One time, in a Gout Temps Nouveau episode, Esumi Makiko asked if seeing Yamashita Tomohisa caused her heart to start racing. Maki answered, “My co-star is someone I work with and I cannot see him in any other light.” With regards to marriage, this is her opinion, "If one is going to marry, financial freedom is also important.” (from CIRCUS)
“I feel that the question of when someone connects with their loved one is insignificant," Maki says. “If my parents were to choose for me, I would greatly appreciate it.” Like her views in marriage, her views of having a long-distance relationship are rather well-opinionated as well. “I don’t think I am the type that can sustain something like a long distance relationship. Even if it’s only the neighbouring high school, I would get the feeling that it’s become a great distance.” (from JUNON May Issue “Horikita Maki’s Love and Friendship Counseling Room”)
(NOTE: All the "Personality" and "Trivia" information is translated from the Japanese Wikipedia page of Horikita Maki by a forum member in D-Addicts. The link of the site is cited below, in the "External Links" and "References" section. Some information are paraphrased.)
- When she was young, she wanted to become Sailor Moon, a female ninja, a policewoman, and a rich person.
- On her days off, she generally spends it outdoors. Shopping with friends or going to the karaoke for example.
- She treasures her family and enjoys spending time with them.
- In middle school, she had a boyfriend of three years. “They’d split up time and time again, but they usually worked out their differences and it continued like this for three years," according to acquaintances.
- She’s bad at things like variety show talks, and one could see that she’s often at a loss for a response.
- She serves as a radio variety show host for GIRLS! LOCK. Her stint is during 22:00 in the evening.
- She has poor eyesight, and because she uses contact lens she has said that her eyes get dry from things like photographic sessions.
- She’s highly capable of reading the questioner’s mind, making her see through the answers in multiple-choice tests. She has mentioned that she can score 40 points on multiple-choice questions alone. (A good proportion of the correct answers in the national language test are “u” ("c" in Western culture), according to her).
- She’s under the same agency as Kuroki Meisa and is good friends with her. A year and a half since graduating from middle school, they were on living terms at the agency’s dormitories. (from SPA!) She is highly appreciative of Meisa’s leading stage roles in “Atami Satsujin Jiken (Atami Murder Case)” and “Azumi".
- Remioromen’s Maeda Keisuke, in “SCHOOL OF LOCK!” uttered in a talk that “she is the kind of daughter I would like to have”.
- Because of the shadow patterns that fall on her face and the ambience that results, she has made countless appearances as the lead of horror films.
- She is very comfortable with fellow Hana Kimi actor, Ikuta Toma. In fact, as of July 2007, Ikuta has guested twice in her radio show.
- Current Location:house
- Current Mood: cheerful
- Current Music:sweet escape - gwen stefani and akon